When will it start?
The official launch of the Cruise for Success program will be August 2019. After the official launch, it will run on an annual cycle….May through April.
Who is eligible?*
Cruise for Success is open to Kilgore College students who are enrolled at least half-time (6 semester credit hours or more) during a given semester. Students must be in good academic standing with a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA.
*KC Employees and/or dependent children exercising the tuition waiver are not eligible to win. Kilgore College hereby reserves and retains the right to amend, alter, change, delete, or modify any of the provisions of this student incentive program at any time, and from time to time, without notice, in any manner that the administration or Board of Trustees of Kilgore College deems to be in the best interest of Kilgore College.
I’m a Kilgore College student! How do I register?
All students who are enrolled in at least 6 semester credit hours are automatically enrolled, with points awarded based on the number of semester credit hours taken in a given semester during the contest cycle.
What are “points”?
Points are how we track Cruise for Success student involvement and entries. Every point earned gives a student one entry into the Cruise for Success drawing pool. There is no limit to the number of points that a student may earn during the contest cycle.
How do I earn points?
Visit www.kilgore.edu/points and fill out the online form.
Examples of how points are awarded include, but are not limited to:
- Enrollment: 1 point per semester credit hour (minimum 6 semester credit hours) per semester during the contest cycle.
- Successful completion: 3 points per class for successfully completing a class with a grade of A, B or C.
- Student Success Course: 2 points for enrollment and successful completion of EDUC 1300, 1 point for enrollment and successful completion of COLS 0300.
- Attending academic, service, career development, or other success-related events and programs: 2 points per event.
- Use of The Zone tutoring services (either The Zone in Kilgore or The KC-Longview North Zone in Longview): 2 points per visit.
- Attending cultural (theatre production, dance or music concert, etc.), student activity, or other on-site events: 1 point per event.
- On-campus employment: 1 point per semester (with supervisor recommendation).
- Active involvement in registered student organizations: 2 points per semester (with leader recommendation).
- Living on campus: 1 point per semester.
- Enrolling in a December or May mini term class: 2 points. (Note: May enrollment will count for the following year’s award.)
I attended a KC event, but could not sign in. How do I get points?
We will do our best to provide Cruise for Success connectors at every eligible college event.
How do I win?
For every point earned during the contest cycle, students are granted one entry into the Cruise for Success drawing. Monthly winners will be drawn directly from this pool. In late April, finalists for the grand finale who have accumulated the greatest number of points will also be drawn from this same pool. In late April, finalists will attend the Focus to Finish Finale for the grand prize drawing. All finalists will receive prizes.
Do I have to be present to win?
For all monthly awards, there is no need to be present. Everyone chosen as a finalist for the grand finale will be contacted to ensure attendance at the event and must be present to win. In the event that a student is unable to attend the grand finale drawing, an alternate finalist will be selected.
If I win a drawing during the year, am I still eligible to win the car?
Students may win only one monthly prize each year. Students who win a monthly prize are still eligible for the grand finale drawing in April, based on their total number of points earned.
I graduate in December. Am I still eligible?
That depends. Students are only eligible while currently enrolled at least part time (6+ semester credit hours) as a KC student.
I am a Dual Credit Student. Am I still eligible?
Yes! The 6 semester credit hour minimum must still be met for the semester, but dual credit students are eligible.
What’s the catch?
There is absolutely no catch! Kilgore College wants to reward students for doing the right things that lead to personal success both during their time at KC as well as into the future.
Can the car come to my event?
Yes! Contact KC Marketing with event information including the date, time, location, and nature of the event with inquiries.